Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Survivor Philippines

I had an interesting  twitter exchange with some people who like, respect and often disagree with.  It started out as a silly tweet about the awful CBS series Survivor.  This Year is is Survivor Philippines.  What really bothers me about is not the location, it is a truly beautiful country with some of the nicest people in the world.  What really bothers me is that these attention whores looking for attention are living in luxury on a private island and not amongst the real Filipinos. My idea for "Survivor Philippines" would be somewhat more realistic.  Make 2 teams.  One gets dumped with 1000 pesos in a squatter camp on the Pasig River in Manila, and the other gets to live on the Islamist terrorist overrun Jolo Island working as a Christian missionary.

Of course I'm not too serious with these proposals, but the problem with these "reality shows" is there is no reality there.  It is all contrived in a sterile environment.  You want to see the wold as it is, travel with me.  We can go places that nobody has been to, and not play stupid games for media whores.  I like to see the good, the bad, and the ugly.  That is real tourism.

No comments:

Post a Comment