Sunday, September 29, 2013

You can't fix stupid

My friend Jazz Shaw over at HotAir asked the question yesterday, how can anyone who does not live in a cabin in the middle of nowhere with no connection to the outside world without even having a clue as to what Orwellian named "Affordable Healthcare Act" aka ObamaCare is about.  The CNN video clip he posted is telling as to just how clueless some people are.  They can tell you what Honey Boo Boo did last week but not have a clue as to what even happened up the street from them.

Well Jazz, we have plenty of these people here.  A local radio program asked random people in downtown Memphis how ObamaCare is going to affect them.  The answers ranged from, "I can't wait to get my free health care", "Can I get this all put on my EBT card and can I use it in a supermarket?",  and "Where do I go so sign up for this?  My girlfriend is about to pop a baby next week". 

The bottom line is you can't fix stupid, as Ron White so aptly pointed out several years ago.  We have a lot of them, and they do vote, once someone takes them to a polling place and tells them how to vote.

I don't know how to fix this.  Education might help, so long as they are not taught by teachers from the Memphis and Shelby County Public Schools.  We have tenured teachers who are functionally illiterate and can barely speak proper English training kids to be nothing more than government dependent serfs, who between recharging their EBT cards are out gang banging, or knocking up their harem of girlfriends.

These are not people watching the news, they watch Dancing with the Stars, and whatever Tyler Perry is churning out these days.

I'm writing this out of frustration, half asleep and pissed off that the stupid people of the US have so much power to elect equally stupid people or worse.

*Sigh*


No comments:

Post a Comment