Saturday, January 14, 2012

What does not kill me makes me strong

Most of us who have lived as long as me, have had many great times, and some really tough and bad ones.  I hear a lot of my younger relatives, co-workers, and friends bitch and moan whenever things don't go just their way, and act like it is the end of the world for them.  Well, that's life.  The only thing guaranteed in this life are death and taxes.  Having a strong faith in God and my Christian beliefs have gotten me through the worst times.  This faith is seriously lacking in our younger generation, who have been indoctrinated by liberal teachers, inattentive parents, and the crap that passes for entertainment on TV.

Recently several friends on a message board, that I check in on, have had very bad news.  Deaths of loved ones, cancer diagnosis in loved ones, and Alzheimer's Disease have taken a toll on some of my dearest friends and family.

I was diagnosed with MS a couple years ago and it would be easy to say, "why me?", but this is a common disease that has only become evident in my 50's rather than 20's.  I also am blessed to live an a first world country, where clean food, water, and decent health care is still available (although ObamaCare may end that).  I'm not twisted and bitter, and I thank God for just how well I've had it all my life.

We, as Americans need to man up, quit complaining, and realize that as bad as things are here, we are still the 0.01% of the rest of the world.

God bless us all, everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment